1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion/acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is UNIQLO Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 161 922 103) of Level 15, 385 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 (03 9629 3883) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 11am on Saturday 6th October 2018 and closes at 3pm on Saturday 6th October 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
Entry into the promotion
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period spin the wheel. There are a possible 954 winners of the prizes. This competition is a game of chance. For the prize of travel voucher to New York and tickets to MOMA, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period spin the wheel and land on the “Win a trip to New York” section.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. The total prize pool value for this promotion is AUD $7722.6 (inclusive of GST). The 901 possible winners will receive the prize corresponding to the section that they land on, on the wheel, which will be one item from the following prize pool list, except prize of travel voucher to New York and tickets to MOMA (detail below):
- Disney plush toys-T-Shirt vouchers
- Chupa Chups
- Polaroid cameras
- Queensland Museum Annual Membership
- GOMA Annual Memberships
- Travel voucher to New York + Tickets to MoMa
11. Each Prize is valued as follows:
- Disney plush toys (36 available to the value of AU$504)
- T-Shirt vouchers (60 available to the value of AU$1,194)
- Pocky (240 available to the value of AU$204)
- Chupa Chups (500 available to the value of AU$75)
- Polaroid cameras (50 available to the value of AU$999.6
- Queensland Museum Annual Membership (10 available to the value of AU$390)
- GOMA Annual Memberships (4 available, to the value of AU$356)
- Travel voucher to New York + Tickets to MoMa (1 available, to the value of AU$4,000)
(The prize is one (1) Flight Centre travel voucher to the value of AU$3,000 and one (1) Visa Gift Card to the value of AU$1,000)
12. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices as at 21/9/2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
13. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
14. It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
15. It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winners may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
16. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
17. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. For Travel voucher to New York + Tickets to MOMA:
1. Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at 3pm on Saturday 6th October 2018 at Queen Street Mall Brisbane. The draw will be conducted by the Promoter (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. Notification of the winner
- The winner will be notified by phone by Saturday 6 October 2018 and their name will be published on uniqlo.com by Monday 8 October 2018.
3. Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 9am Monday 7 January 2019. A second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Tuesday 8 January 2019 at 3pm in Queen Street Mall Brisbane, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by Tuesday 22 January 2019 and their names will be published on uniqlo.com.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation or warranties whatsoever, and disclaims all liability and responsibility as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist during the trip or at any destinations. Prize travel is subject to the carriers General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Prize travel must be booked within the valid dates of the Flight Centre Voucher. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued that are at the Promoters expense.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
19. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. If for any reason, this competition is not capable of running as planned the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part.
20. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
Entry details and privacy
21. The exclusion of liability in clause 20 does not apply to limit or exclude liability to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
23. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at http://www.uniqlo.com.au/corp/privacypolicy.html.Tax Implications
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
25. By providing photos to the Promoter, the winner:
a. Grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photos, including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts including UNIQLO’s electronic messages (eDM’s); and
b. Confirms that all persons appearing in the photos have consented to the winner providing them to the Promoter to be used in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at http://www.uniqlo.com.au/corp/privacypolicy.html.