Dear Valued Customers,
Thanks to the collective efforts of medical professionals tackling COVID-19, essential workers ensuring society continues to function, and the cooperation of the general public, we are gradually getting back to business.
With the easing of social distancing rules, we are reopening our 22 stores from Monday, 11 May with limited operating hours outlined in detail here.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation very closely, and are operating in accordance with the government’s health and safety advice. We have taken several precautionary measures including the below to ensure our stores are safe, hygienic environments for everyone. The health and safety of our team, customers and the community is our first priority.We would like to thank you once again for supporting us during this difficult period, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back into our stores.
The UNIQLO Australia Team
Please see additional FAQs below.STORES
Q. When will stores be re-opening?
Our 22 stores will be reopening from Monday, 11 May with the limited daily operating hours of 10am-5pm with the exception of Emporium (daily: 11am- 4pm), Murray St. and Carousel (Sundays: 11am-5pm) and Indooroopilly (Sundays: 10am-4pm).
Q. What measures are put in place to ensure customers and staff safety?
As our main priority is to provide a clean and safe environment for everyone, we are implementing the below precautionary measures in stores as guided by advice from the government and public health officials:
- We’re limiting the number of people in our stores to allow customers a safe distance to shop and also;
- Limiting the capacity in our fitting rooms
- We’re providing hand sanitisers for customers at the entrances of our stores
- We’re regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and items such as our shopping baskets and fitting rooms
- We’re encouraging customers to stay at a safe distance by maintaining at least 1.5m apart when in store
- We’ve placed floor markers to guide social distancing
- While alteration services are still available, our team will guide customers through the measuring process to minimise physical contact
- We’re requesting that customers bag their purchases at checkout if they are using their own reusable bag
- We’re encouraging cashless payment to limit personal contact
Q. How long do I have to return my item after stores -reopen?
We have extended our returns policy throughout this time, so all customers will have 30 days from the day our stores reopen (11 May) to return their purchase. If you are unable to make your return during the 30 day window, please reach out to our Customer Service team for further assistance.
Q. I purchased items online, can I take my online item in to store for an exchange or refund?
Yes, online purchases can also be returned or exchanged at any of our stores. Please ensure you bring your proof of purchase with you.
Q. Will you still offer an alteration service?
Yes, we will still offer an in store alteration service. However. we have implemented some changes to this process to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.EXTENDED RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
Q. What is the extended returns & exchange policy?
- Items purchased any time in March can be returned or exchanged up until end of May.
- Items purchased any time in April can be returned or exchanged up until end of June.
All other terms and conditions included in our returns policy remain unchanged during this period.DELIVERY TIME FRAMES
Q. Are there currently any changes to the usual delivery time frames?
With an increase in online ordering during this time, there are some delays in the Australia Post network. Therefore, there may be delays with deliveries of our online orders. It is recommended to allow an extra 3 business days after the estimated delivery date for your parcel to arrive which allows for any unexpected delays. If you have still not received your parcel after this period, please get in touch with our friendly Customer Service team.
Currently we will not have an Express Post option available due to these delays.
NEW DELIVERY METHOD
Q. How will the new delivery method work?
To practice social distancing, our delivery partner will temporarily not require a physical signature from the recipient. What this means is, the delivery person will knock or ring the bell at your delivery address, place the goods on the ground close to your door and step away.
Should you be present at the delivery address:
- The delivery person, who will be standing at a safe distance, will now have the authority to verbally confirm the full name of the customer (noted on the package) , without the physical signature usually required.
Should you not be present at the delivery address:
- As per usual operating procedure, the delivery person will consider whether there is a safe area to leave the goods and if so, authority to leave (ATL) will apply and no name or signature will be obtained
o If the goods are left in a safe area, the delivery person will do their best to make a note of the location or take a picture as proof of delivery.
o If the delivery person does not deem it a safe area, a card will be left to notify the customer that there was an attempted delivery and the goods will be taken to a local post office for collection by the customer.
Q. What would be considered a safe area to leave goods?
A safe area is defined as a location out of the elements, out of view of the public and not on a thoroughfare.
Q. Can I request for the goods to be delivered at a post office instead?
Yes, you can. Sign up to MyPost and once your account is up and running, input your tracking code and this will provide you the ability to reroute your order to a new address or post office for pickup.
Q. How can I be notified of delivery updates so that I know when to be home for delivery?
We have made it as easy as possible to track your order online. Once your order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will receive an email from us and Shippit with your tracking details and estimated delivery date. We will also notify you via email or SMS when your package is in transit and ready for delivery so you are kept up to date.