1. OUR COMMITMENT
When we collect, store and use your personal information, we do so under the direction and management of our Privacy Officer and in accordance with our requirements at law, including our requirements to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
2. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, store and use personal information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities as a clothing apparel company. Personal information may include:
• your name and date of birth;
• your contact details, including phone number, email address and residential address;
• your purchase history and your interaction with our application software, content, media, services or website (collectively our “Platform”);
• your server and IP address from which you access the internet and/or the internet address of the websites from which your access to our Platform originated; and
• other information you or another party may supply to us, such as updated delivery and address information.
3. HOW WE USE AND COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
These purposes include:
• Managing customer relationships where we generally collect personal information such as your name, your address and your contact details;
• Managing orders where we generally collect information such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product and sizing selections or payment information;
• Managing after-sale service when we respond to or action requests regarding our products or our brand;
• Managing customer reviews on products for which we collect at least your e-mail address;
• Sending commercial communications, in particular via your subscription to our newsletters by entering your e-mail address;
• Providing you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you. We may also provide your details to third parties for specific marketing purposes that you have consented;
• Creating and publishing content and benefits most relevant to you;
• Organising competitions or promotional operations where we collect personal information such as your name, e-mail address or telephone number;
• Permitting you access to limited-entry areas of our Platform as appropriate;
• Developing and improving our products, services and Platform;
• Analysing the ergonomy of our Platform via cookies or other technologies allowing us to collect information about your online browsing, such as information regarding your browser type, the country code where your device is located, the areas of our Platform that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered or submitted to our Platform; and
• Complying with our obligations at law.
If we receive personal information about you that we have not requested, and if we determine that we could not have lawfully collected that information, we will destroy or de-identify the information, if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
If you have any questions or concerns about transmitting your personal information to us, you may contact our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below, as there are other ways for you to provide us with your personal information.
4. INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLATFORM
It is important to understand that anytime you access or interact with our Platform, we may:
• collect, store and use personal information about your access or interaction;
• automatically collect your personal information such as IP address, geolocation and device information;
• include a number of forms in our Platform for your completion, including competition entry forms, which will allow you to provide us with your personal details. If you save the information you enter on those form, that information may be stored; and
• retain the contents of your e-mail to us and our response to you where we consider it necessary to do so. Your e-mail address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was provided. We will not add your e-mail to any third party mailing lists or otherwise use your e-mail for any other purpose without your consent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing information. In order to do so, you will need to request that we no longer send marketing materials to you or disclose your information to other organisations for marketing purposes that you’ve consented to. You can make this request by using the contact details provided below, by following the "unsubscribing" link from email marketing messages or by logging in to your UNIQLO account and going to the Profile Page in My Account.
5. WHEN WE DISCLOSURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than:
• a purpose you would reasonably expect;
• a purpose otherwise disclosed to you to which you have consented; or
• a purpose required or permitted by law.
For instance, in order to process your order and deliver your purchases, we may disclose your personal information to various suppliers. This includes suppliers who handle our order dispatch service and our delivery company. Your contact telephone number may be passed on to our courier company who may contact you by phone or text message in order to update you on the delivery date or time of your order.
We only provide them with personal information, on a limited basis, that they need to perform their services and we ask them to commit to use your personal information only for specific listed purposes. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we tell them, and they will not be entitled to use it in their own right. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that those suppliers are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information.
We take measures to prevent leakage, loss or falsification of personal information, such as by carefully selecting our contractors, entering into agreements with contractors regarding the handling of personal information, and directing and supervising our contractors as necessary.
We may disclose your personal information to companies that are associated with us overseas, including Japan, Singapore, USA, Germany and China.
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the most up-to-date security measures are used on our Platform to protect your personal information. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard personal information that you provide to us, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted via the internet by us, or yourself, is entirely secure. You use our Platform at your own risk.
We store your personal information in paper-based and electronic files. We require the providers of our Platform to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised disclosure.
This means that, in respect of our paper-based files, the providers maintain various security systems on its premises, and in respect of its electronic files, it maintains secure electronic network systems.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose for which it has been collected or to meet our obligations at law. When we no longer require your personal information (including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you), we ensure that it is destroyed or de-identified.
7. HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by writing to our Privacy Officer.
We will deal with your request for such access within a reasonable time. If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice which sets out the reasons for our refusal. If we grant access, we may seek to recover reasonable costs in relation to your access to personal information.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. Where we believe that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information. You may also request that we correct any personal information that we hold about you by writing to our Privacy Officer.
We will deal with your request to correct your personal information within a reasonable time. If we do not agree with the corrections you have requested, we are not obliged to alter your personal information accordingly. If we refuse to correct any personal information as requested by you, we will set out the reasons for our refusal.
8. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
Our Privacy Officer:
c/- Uniqlo Privacy Officer
UNIQLO Australia Pty Ltd
Level 19, Wesley Place
150 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Contact us here: https://faq-au.uniqlo.com/contactus
You may also contact the Office of the Australia Information Commissioner if you are unsuccessful in getting in contact with us, unsatisfied with our response or believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised or is not adequately protected.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Last Updated: 5 May 2022